Wednesday, January 21, 2009

a tear in the sky

One night over Christmas I was caught by the night sky because it looked like a giant hole, as though someone had taken a razor and cut out the clouds and colour, and what was above was like an ocean, upside down, and I drowned and ascended at the same time, this buzz, that's how it felt and I was distracted from dinner and conversation because everything dropped away into a lull and it was that holding your breath underwater stillness loud quiet that was all i could feel and taste just the air of my own breaths and that giant puncture in the balloon of the 'phere around us all.

I've been thinking heavily on Mulholland and the vellum and cants and unkin (see, Hal Duncan) and I feel as though reality is pasteurised sometimes by circumstances and normality but that tang is on the tongue of something else "going on".


I'm near trembling.

excerpts:

She can hear the lie in his voice, though. Hell, she can feel that other reality pressing in on her, trying to push through. Smoke and mirrors. There’s no smoke without fire, and there’s another world through the looking glass.


I stand where broken roads are ....Hollywood as a new Atlantis, glittering in the depths

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In my life it ALL comes back to my Death Valley Days.

No comments:

Post a Comment